We all have them. Those pesky excuses that pop up every time we start to whine about why our work isn’t…working.
I’m going to dig into a few of the ones I hear most often and show you why they aren’t actually true — and how you can actually obliterate them once and for all. (Here’s a tip for you: Most of these excuses are covering a deeper limiting belief. What do you think that belief is for you? Pay attention to what comes up once you debunk these blocks.)
Today we continue on with the second excuse in our series!
3. I really need to market to a bigger world, but I have no idea how to do any of that.
Oh, hi. Allow me to introduce you to my friend here…have you met the Internet?
We have an incredible opportunity now — more than ever — to make a global impact. Our reach is unparalleled, thanks to the wonders of the interwebs. You have the ability to work internationally, without ever leaving your pjs. Or your bed, for that matter.
Here are a few of the tools you have at your disposal — just add broadband.
- Social media. This is a no-brainer. Getting active on Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn should be your first stop. This is where your tribe is hanging out. Find out which social outlets they love, and be a part of them. Yesterday.
- Email. Start building a list of email addresses that belong to your tribe. Sign-ups at trade shows and other booths, freebie giveaways on your website, there are plenty of ways to get contact info. Then use a service such as MailChimp (free!) to send out newsletters and updates and inspiration.
- Your own site. You do have one of those, right? Preferably with a blog or videos or some perpetually-refreshing content? Your website should be more than just an electronic business card. It should provide content and insight and whatever your particular style of inspiration. It should be a mecca for your tribe.
- Networking groups. Facebook and LinkedIn both have built-in discussion groups on any topic imaginable. Oh, look, insta-tribe! Just show up, start participating, and you’re building your network globally. There are other discussion forums and websites that you can find out there in cyberspace, too. As an added bonus, you usually get a lot out of these discussions and groups personally, too!
- Mastermind groups and online courses. If you find someone you resonate with doing their thang in the online world, follow them. Many times you’ll find they offer online courses in their specialty, where you can meet like-minded folks while broadening your own horizons. And some also start their own private mastermind groups, designed to help intensify the networking process.
As with anything you do, you should always be showing up authentically, and always showing up to serve — not just gimme, gimme, gimme. If you have a ‘what’s in it for me?’ attitude, your tribe will be instantly repelled. Show up instead asking, “How can I help?” and you’ll be gaining global traction in no time.
I’ve got a few more excuse-busting posts queued up to launch your way over the coming days…but I’d also like to hear what your biggest hurdles are right now! What is holding you back in your business or in getting your work out there?? Post in the comments below and I’ll dig into those ones, too!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up for our email newsletter and get insider info!